Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paleo Turkey Tacos

I got this recipe from fastpaleo.com. I made the seasoning mix as instructed but didn't use it all. Good flavor and a nice change from ground beef. And I just realized I didn't add the red pepper but I think it would have been better with it.

The Ingredients:
2.5lbs Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup diced onion
3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
Seasoning:
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1.5 Tbsp Cumin
1.5 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes

The Process:
Heat pan and then add coconut oil. Brown meat and onions. Add seasoning a bit at a time. Mixing it in and then adding more. Add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 5-10min.

Serve with Butter Lettuce leaves. And lots of other toppings of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment